Ray-Yawn-Oh's. Yup, I'm from Tejas, and that's how it just came out...naturally. It was quite scary.
This is another, like my last post, from the Eating For Life cook book. It is insanely good and good for you, except I switched out the Monterey Jack for Mozzarella. I can only find the Monterey Jack in a huge block, and I know it will go bad before we use it, so I bought the other. Plus, it makes it crazy good!!
3 cans (4 oz.) whole green chilies, drained
4 oz. reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
1 1/4 cup egg substitute
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup slim milk
1/2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tsp chili powder
2 green onions (I didn't use)
1/2 cup salsa (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Lightly coat an 11"x7" baking dish with cooking spray
3. Lay whole green chilies out on a paper towels. SLice Monterey Cheese (I used mozzarella) into the same number of pieces as there are chilies. Insert a slices of cheese inside each chili and arrange evenly in the baking dish.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together egg substitute, flour and milk. Pour egg mixture over chilies in baking dish.
5. Layer shredded cheese on top of casserole, then sprinkle with chili powder and onion, if wanted.
6. Bake for 35 minutes or until top is golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out 'clean'. (If the tooth pick does not come out clean, that means is casserole is not cooked all the way through. Give is a few more minutes, then test again.)
7. Cut into servings and top with salsa if wanted. Enjoy!
Salsa is a local favorite...
This was crazy good...
Look at all that cheese...
To many more,